Quotations about Fathers:
- "Jarrell was not so much a father . . . as an affectionate encyclopedia."
- Mary Jarrell
- "It's only when you grow up, and step back from him, or leave him for your own career and your own home—it's only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it. Pride reinforces love."
- Margaret Truman
- "When a child, my dreams rode on your wishes,
I was your son, high on your horse,
My mind a top whipped by the lashes
Of your rhetoric, windy of course."
- Sir Stephen Spender
- There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson.
- Victor Hugo
He ... saw the dark tangled curls of his bush floating, floating hair of the stream around the limp father of thousands, a languid flatong flower.
- James Joyce
- "I just owe almost everything to my father [and] it's passionately interesting for me that the things that I learned in a small town, in a very modest home, are just the things that I believe have won the election."
- Margaret Thatcher
- "People see Archie Bunker everywhere. Particularly girls; poor girls, rich girls, all kinds of girls are always coming up to me and telling me that Archie is just like their dad."
- Carroll O'Connor
- "A king, realizing his incompetence, can either delegate or abdicate his duties. A father can do neither. If only sons could see the paradox, they would understand the dilemma."
- Marlene Dietrich
- "My father died many years ago,
and yet when something special happens to me,
I talk to him secretly not really knowing whether he hears,
but it makes me feel better to half believe it."
- Natasha Josefowitz
- "Father! To God himself we cannot give a holier Name. "
- William Wordsworth
- "He that raises a large family odes, indeed, while he lives to observe them, stand a broader mark for sorrow; but then he stands a broader mark for pleasure too."
- Benjamin Franklin
- two-line comic song
Lloyd George knew my father
My father knew Lloyd George.
- Author Unknown
- New Testament: St John ch.14 v.2
In my Father's house are many mansions... I go to prepare a place for you.
- The Bible
- Old Testament: Apocrypha Ecclesiasticus ch.44 v.1
Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers that begat us.
- The Bible
Fathers Quotes Page 10
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.