Quotations about Fathers:
- "The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
- Rev. Theodore Hesburgh
- "Middle Age"
What next, what next?
At every corner,
I meet my Father,
My age, still alive."
- Robert Lowell
- "Praise, my soul, the King of heaven"
Father-like, he tends and spares us;
Well our feeble frame he knows
Praise him! Praise him!
Widely as his mercy flows."
- Henry Francis Lyte
- "Attractive Etonians who go straight onto the Stock Exchange missing University on their fathers' advice: the raw material of the great bores.
- Geoffrey Madan
- "His father watched him across the gulf of years and pathos which always must divide a father from his son."
- John Marquand
- "Today, while the titular head of the family may still be the father, everyone knows that he is little more than chairman, at most, of the entertainment committee."
- Ashley Montagu
- "When one has not had a good father, one must create one."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
- "The fundamental defect of fathers is that they want their children to be a credit to them."
- Bertrand Russell
There is no good father, that's the rule. Don't lay the blame on men but on the bond of paternity, which is rotten. To beget children, nothing better; to have them, what iniquity!"
- Jean-Paul Sartre
- "A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father."
- Gabriel García Márquez
Fatherhood Quotes 4
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.