Quotations about Fathers:
- "It is a wise father that knows his own child."
- William Shakespeare: The Merchant of Venice
- "Full fathom five thy father lies;
Or his bones are coral made:
Those are pearls that were his eyes:
Nothing of him that doth fade,
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange."
- William Shakespeare: The Tempest
- "Polite Conversation
'Tis happy for him, that his father was before him."
- Jonathon Swift
- "The land of my fathers. My fathers can have it."
- Dylan Thomas (of Wales)
- "When I was a buy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
- Mark Twain
- "Perhaps host and guest is really the happiest relation for father and son."
- Evelyn Waugh
- "And when did you last see your father?"
- W. F. Yeames: Title of one of his Paintings
- " Let us now praise Famous men, and our fathers that begat us."
- Apocrypha Ecclesiasticus
- "I watched a small man with thick calluses on both hands work fifteen and sixteen hours a day. I saw him once literally bleed from the bottoms of his feet, a man who came here uneducated, alone, unable to speak the language, who taught me all I needed to know about faith and hard work by the simple eloquence of his example."
- Mario Cuomo
Fatherhood Quotes Page 5
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.