Quotations about Fathers:
- Father is rather vulgar, my dear. The word Papa, besides, gives a pretty form to the lips. Papa, potatoes, poultry, prunes and prism, are all very good words for the lips; especially prunes and prism. [Mrs General]
- Charles Dickens 1812-1870 from Little Dorrit
- LEONTINE: An only son, Sir, might expect more indulgence
CROAKER: An only father, Sir, might expect more obedience
- Oliver Goldsmith 1728-1774 from The Good Natured Man
- Sir Walter, being strangely surprised and put out of his countenance as so great a table, gives hi son a damned blow over the face. Hi son, as rude as he was, would not strike his father, but strikes over the face of the gentleman that sat next to him and said 'Box about: 'twill come to my father anon'.
- John Aubrey from Brief Lives - Sir Walter Raleigh
- By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.
- Charles Wadsworth 1814-1882
- The father is always a Republican toward his son, and his mother's always a democrat.
- Robert Frost 1874-1963
- My father always used to say that when you die, if you've got five real friends, then you've had a great life.
- Lee Iacocca 1944-
- My father hated radio and he could not wait for television to be invented so that he could hate that too.
- Peter De Vries 1910-1993
- My father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.
- Spike Milligan 1918-2002
- Father I cannot tell a lie. I did it with my little hatchet.
- George Washington 1732-1799
- Men in general desire the good and not merely what their fathers had.
- Aristotle 384-322 BC from Politics
Fatherhood Quotes Page 6
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.