Quotations about Fathers:
- Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother rather than all major credit cards.
- Robert Orben 1927-
- I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection.
- Sigmund Freud from Civilization and Its Discontents
- All fathers are invisible in daytime; daytime is ruled by mothers and fathers come out at night. Darkness brings home fathers, with their real, unspeakable power. There is more to fathers than meets the eye.
- Margaret Atwood 1939- from Cat's Eyes
- Perhaps host and guest is really the happiest relation for father and son.
- Evelyn Waugh 1903-1966 from Father and Son
- I am determined that my children shall be brought up in their father's religion, if they can find out what it is.
- Charles Lamb 1775-1834
- This is a moment that I deeply wish my parents could have lived to share. My father would have enjoyed what you have so generously said of me; and my mother would have believed it.
- Lyndon B. Johnson from Commencement address at Baylor University
- The most important thing that a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
- Theodore M. Hesburgh 1917- from Reader's Digest
- Until you have a son of your own . . . you will never know the joy, the love beyond feeling that resonates in the heart of a father as he looks upon his son. You will never know the sense of honor that makes a man want to be more than he is and to pass something good and hopeful into the hands of his son. And you will never know the heartbreak of the fathers who are haunted by the personal demons that keep them from being the men they want their sons to be.
- Kent Nerburn 1917- from Letters to My Son
- I have never been a material girl. My father always told me never to love anything that cannot love you back.
- Imelda Marcos 1929-
- For thousands of years, father and son have stretched wistful hands across the canyon of time, each eager to help the other to his side but neither quite able to desert the loyalties of his contemporaries. The relationship is always changing and hence always fragile; nothing endures except the sense of difference.
- Alan Valentine From Fathers to Sons: Advice without Consent
- My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.
- Clarence B. Kelland 1881-1964
Fatherhood Quotes Page 7
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.