Quotations about Fathers:
- We think our fathers fools, so wise we grow.
Our wiser sons, no doubt will think us so.
- Alexander Pope
- Fatherhood is pretending the present you love the most is soap-on-a-rope.
- Bill Cosby
- Today's Father Day and we're giving you a tie, it's not much you know, it's just our way of showing you, you're a regular guy.
- Groucho Marx
- My brother Bob doesn't want to be in government -- he promised Dad he'd go straight.
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- When I was a kid, I used to imagine animals running under my bed. I told my dad, and he solved the problem quickly. He cut the legs off the bed.
- Lou Brock
- "A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again."
- Enid Bagnold
- "Be kind to thy father, for when thou wert young, Who loved thee so fondly as he? He caught the first accents that fell from thy tongue, And joined in thy innocent glee."
- Margaret Courtney
- "To be a successful father . . . there's one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don't look at it for the first two years."
- Ernest Hemingway
- "None of you can ever be proud enough of being the child of SUCH a Father who has not his equal in this world-so great, so good, so faultless. Try, all of you, to follow in his footsteps and don't be discouraged, for to be really in everything like him none of you, I am sure, will ever be. Try, therefore, to be like him in some points, and you will have acquired a great deal."
- Victoria Queen of England
- "It no longer bothers me that I may be constantly searching for father figures; by this time, I have found several and dearly enjoyed knowing them all."
- Alice Walker
- "For rarely are sons similar to their fathers: most are worse, and a few are better than their fathers."
Fatherhood Quotes Page 9
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.